HEY EVERYONE, SIGN OUR GUESTBOOK, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, October 1, 2007

SALVATION

SUNDAY, SEPT. 2, 2007, BRITTNEE ACCEPTED CHRIST INTO HER LIFE AFTER CHURCH. SHE HAS ALWAYS SAID THAT SHE LOVED THE LORD AND THAT SHE HAD JESUS IN HER HEART. OFCOURSE ANY CHILD BEING RAISED IN CHURCH FROM BIRTH IS GOING TO SAY THAT. WE AS PARENTS KNOW THAT YES THEY LOVE JESUS AS THEY SAY THEY DO, BUT WE ALSO KNOW THAT THERE IS A LOT MORE THAT COMES WITH ACTUALLY BEING SAVED. YES I BELIEVE THAT AS A SMALL CHILD IF ANYTHING HAPPENS THEY WILL DEFINITELY GO TO HEAVEN. BUT AS THEY GROW UP THERE COMES A TIME WHEN THEY ARE OLD ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RIGHT AND WRONG AND THEY BECOME ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS. I DON'T KNOW THAT I REALLY KNOW WHEN THAT IS. SOME PREACHERS FEEL THEY KNOW WHEN THAT IS BUT I THINK THAT IS SOMETHING THAT ONLY GOD CAN DETERMINE. OFCOURSE WE PRAY FOR OUR CHILDREN TO ACCEPT CHRIST IN THEIR LIVES FROM THE TIME THEY ARE BORN. WE ONLY WANT THE BEST FOR OUR CHILDREN AND LETS FACE IT, THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OUR CHILDREN COULD DO ON THIS EARTH EVER IS TO ACCEPT CHRIST. WELL THAT HAPPENED FOR ME. I AM VERY PROUD OF BRITTNEE AND HER DECISION. I TRULY BELIEVE THAT SHE WAS READY. ON SUNDAY, SEPT. 9, 2007, SHE WALKED UP IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH AND PROCLAIMED HER LOVE FOR HER SAVIOR. ON SUNDAY, SEPT. 30, 2007, SHE WAS BAPTIZED. PLEASE BE IN PRAYER FOR HER BECAUSE AS WE ALL KNOW THIS IS SOMETHING THE DEVIL JUST DOES NOT LIKE. HE LOVES TO PREY ON THOSE NEW FOUND CHRISTIANS. PRAY THAT HER FAITH WILL SUSTAIN ANYTHING THAT COMES HER WAY. PRAY THAT SHE WILL GROW STRONGER AND STRONGER IN HER FAITH AND THAT SHE WILL NOT STRAY. (ALTHOUGH WE KNOW THAT UNFORTUNATELY WE ALL STRAY AT SOME TIME) SHE IS YOUNG AND WILL HAVE MANY BATTLES TO FIGHT. AS HER PARENTS, RAY AND I WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON HER AND WILL ALWAYS PRAY FOR HER.


(PLEASE EXCUSE THE PICTURES AS MY CAMERA WANTED TO ACT UP. DOESN'T THAT ALWAYS HAPPEN DURING AN IMPORTANT TIME.)

2 comments:

Lynn Stallworth said...

Yahoo! Praise God! That gave me goosebumps! She'll have her struggles, for sure, don't we all? I really feel that children who are saved maybe will stray, but not as far as those who aren't. I suppose I just think the Holy Spirit wouldn't allow it. She'll always have her faith in Jesus when all else fails! What a wonderful post to read! Give her big hugs from us! She brought a big smile to Aunt Lynn's face on a day where she really needed it!

Chaotic Joy said...

Good for Brittnee. This is wonderful! Praise God for his merciful salvation.

Allison and I have been talking a lot about this lately, and whether she is ready to take this step and be baptized. It's so important to me that she understand thoroughly the decisions she is making and what they mean. I pray constantly that I would be able to guide her and she would feel the presence of the Holy Spirit in her life guiding her as well. She's like her mama and has lots of questions. I feel so inadequate to be in charge of 4 people's spiritual growth sometimes.

But anyway, I have rambled on as usual. Tell Brittnee that Aunt Joy is thrilled that her neice is now her little sister as well. Glory!