HEY EVERYONE, SIGN OUR GUESTBOOK, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

WHEN OUR CHILDREN GROW UP!

TOMORROW WE MUST FACE THE TASK OF HANDING OUR 10 YEAR OLD OVER TO OTHER PEOPLE FOR TWO NIGHTS. BRITTNEE IS GOING ON A CAMPING TRIP WITH OUR CHURCH. THEY ARE GOING TO CAMP LEE IN ALABAMA. ALTHOUGH I AM THE ONE THAT HAS PUSHED HER TO GO, I KNOW THAT IT IS GOING TO BE A HARD THING TO LET HER GO. EVEN THOUGH THIS SEEMS LIKE SUCH A SMALL THING, WITH BRITTNEE IT IS A BIG THING. SURE SHE HAS SPENT THE NIGHT WITH FAMILY MANY TIMES AND EVEN WENT OUT OF TOWN FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS TO HER AUNTS. THIS WILL INDEED BE THE FIRST TRIP WITHOUT ANY FAMILY. SHE WAS HESITANT AT FIRST BUT IT IS THAT TIME TO LET GO. WE MUST COME TO GRIPS THAT OUR LITTLE GIRL IS GROWING UP. WE MUST FORCE HER TO GO OUT AND EXPERIENCE LIFE IN A WHOLE NEW WAY. IT IS A SCARY THING FOR HER BUT WE KNOW THAT IN THE LONG RUN SHE WILL BE THANKFUL THAT WE HAVE DONE THIS. SO WITH A HEAVY HEART WE WILL GO TOMORROW TO DROP HER OFF AT THE CHURCH AND WAVE BYE TO HER WHEN THEY LEAVE.

2 comments:

Chaotic Joy said...

Awww. The first time Allison went off to church camp I stood there and watched the bus pull away, and as soon as it did, I cried. These things are usually harder on us mamas then on our kids.

I'll be thinking about both of you this weekend!
Joy

Lynn Stallworth said...

I'm sure she's having a blast. And you're the one left at home worrying your head off! That's how it's always worked here. They usually keep those kids so busy that they don't have time to think about home!